CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

FHE Chart


I've had my original FHE chart for many....many...probably too many years.  It was a cute little Noah's Ark chart and each of our family members were animals in the windows of the ark.  Notice I'm using past tense...I say "WAS" because I finally decided that after years of making new animals because the old ones fell apart or saying that the one eyed tiger was giving the lesson and the trunkless elephant was giving the opening prayer, I finally decided that it was time to make a new one.  I looked at all those fancy schmancy ones out there, and decided that it was more work than I wanted to put into my FHE chart...and then I had an epiphany:  use Heritage Makers to make a chart!

Please note...I'm not a creative genius, so my designs tend to be very simple.  I fondly refer to it as my "No Frills" style.  LOL!  Basically, I started with a 12x12 scrap book page.  I added art work, photos, and text boxes according to the categories that we normally use for FHE.  Then I ordered it and waited for it to arrive...pretty simple.

Once it arrived, I used photo adhesive to stick it to some sheet metal that was cut to the same size and shape.  If you don't want to use sheet metal, just use a metal baking sheet, and decorate the areas of the sheet that the scrap page doesn't cover.  Then I made some picture magnets of the family (you could use another 12x12 scrap page to do this...or save a little money and just use a HM postcard) by sticking our pictures on the clear glass craft rocks with clear glue, and hot gluing a magnet to the back of the rock.  Ta Da!  All done!...well almost anyhow.  I still want to put it in a frame so that we can hang it on the wall.  I found one at Walmart for $13, or maybe I'll have my hubby make one out of some spare moulding we had for another project...or it may just remain in the stand that it's in until I've finished all my other projects!

I love the 12x12 scrap pages.  You can make a ton of stuff with them!  Check out this post on Heidi's blog for another great way to use the 12x12 scrap pages....

Oh...and don't forget to check out GiveAwayToday.com on Friday March 5th where Featuring Family will be featured and I'll be giving away 2 swatchbooks!

Happy Heritage Making!

No comments:

Post a Comment